April 15

Let’s Get Your Writing Brain Pumping!

Here’s a potential argument for you:

Beyond answering whether you agree or disagree with this statement, I want to know who is most worthy of being idolized–YouTubers and gamers or athletes and recording artists. Make sure to back up your answer with reasons and evidence. Your answers should be posted in the comments below. Happy Monday!

Posted April 15, 2019 by Heidi Atchison in category prompts

17 thoughts on “Let’s Get Your Writing Brain Pumping!

1. The Dues Is Here

I agree because youtube is a community where people create content that can entertain people or inform them. People look up to “youtube” because its a place where they can share they’re opinions, and communicate freely with people who have the same thoughts or ideas. Youtube is also one of my favorite platforms because there’s some people who just go out of they’re way just to make people happy and that’s why I enjoy/look up to youtube.
    Some people look up to athletes maybe because they’re like “stay strong, pick yourself.” However, even though youtube helps people communicate with more people, Communicating in real life is really good because it helps build social skills and it gives you more confidence to do more things.

Reply
  2. iiyaboiaustin

I think that people should idolize athletes and recording artists instead of gamers and youtubers because athletes try hard and they at least work for their status, I’m not saying Gamers and Youtubers don’t try, but I would find it better and healthier to look up to someone doing some activity rather than someone sitting at their desk and playing a video game, which studies have shown that the rate of obesity has risen from 2008 to 2016 as 22% rise, which is most likely from the fact that people don’t do anything but hang around the house and play a game. I’d say that I like video games and find myself playing them a lot, but I don’t let it get to me and restrict me going anywhere. People should idolize someone who works an athlete or actor/singer.

Reply
    1. Heidi Atchison (Post author)

I like that you did a little research for your answer. Next time make sure you cite your source.

Reply
  3. shade71

I agree that YouTubers and gamers are more idolized because they are always mentioned through Tv, Youtube, the internet, etc. All around the world there are YouTubers that get mentioned from the internet. Kids these days think YouTube videos are fun and enjoyable to watch. YouTubers and gamers are the most worthy of being idolized.

Reply
  4. cameron2304

I disagree because gamer’s don’t teach you anything they just entertain you with videos and games. Athletes on the other hand is more realistic than games because they can teach your very important things, other than games and such. They can show you how to do things in sports, they can give you life lessons and more. They can also help you with everyday life if you look up to them. And they can just entertain you with how they do things.

Reply
  5. haydenj09

I agree that YouTubers are more idolized because now people like to sit around on their computers and phones instead of actually going and doing something productive so they care more about entertainment than their health

Reply
  6. kaylee24

I disagree because, athletes and recording artists show you that with hard work you can do just about anything you put your mind to. Gamers and youtubers just show you how to play a game on your x-box or whatever gaming device you have. Plus most recording artists try and say something with their music or they try and give you something you can listen and relate to. Like most songwriters when they write a song they always try and use something that has already happened to them and but it to music so the you know that your not the only one who’s gone through something like whatever it is your going through. Something that will make the hard times easier and the fun times happier.

Reply
    1. Heidi Atchison (Post author)

That’s an interesting way of looking at it–that songwriters give you something.

Reply
  7. phantomkadin

athletes and recording artists are most worthy of being idolized. People that are in sports, recording arts, or something else look up to these people because they show where hard work can get them and others want to be like them someday. These people also send messages to others that are having a hard time in that point of life.

Reply
  8. cheyannt4

i beileve that youtube is a new part of scociety and that it can give people somthing to enjoy.It can also show someone how to answer a math problem or how to fix somthing it can give people a job -youtuber- and it can be a hobbie to make fun videos with friends or family.

Reply
    1. Heidi Atchison (Post author)

I understand the function of YouTube. You didn’t really answer the prompt. “I” should always be capitalized.

Reply
  9. serenityj111

I would agree because everyone is too worried about Fortnite and any other new updates on games. Youtube is an amazing place to watch videos, listen to music, or even help you with school things but too much is bad for you. People wonder why barely anyone is active anymore, it’s because everyone is too focused to the technology these days. How about un-plug? Take a day or more to get away from the technology. Run, go see trees. We all depend on technology to help us but in reality stuff happens. You have to do stuff on your own sometimes and not assuming technology is the answer to everything.

Reply
  10. jacob876

Athletes and artist should be idolize. Athletes and artist work hard to make people idol them. Gamers and youtubers should not be idolize because all they do is make videos while they’re making videos and athletes and artist they are trying to do they best and people won’t idol them.

“not finish yet”

Reply
  11. michaelg05

I agree about that cause when kids like to agree with other gamers that’s all they want to do is become a gamer but if they look at a athlete/artist they can be like oh they are also showing us how are life should be so they could go that way instead of taking there brains a different way cause they had to walk at school so that’s athletic. athletes/artist are more idolized because they can see what they do and become them

Reply